Despite the best intentions sometimes you can be overcome by the busyness of life. Don’t get disheartened. Here are some tips to keep you going:
- Choose activities you enjoy and you will be more likely to continue.
- Vary your activity so you don’t get bored.
- Set yourself small realistic goals.
- Purchase a pedometer and set yourself targets.
- Set aside times that suit you to be active. You are more likely to be committed if you schedule it into your routine.
- Be active with your friends, partner or family. You can motivate and encourage one another and have fun at the same time.
- Reward yourself when your reach your goals.
- Be active to music. If you’re washing the car or vacuuming the house, put on some lively music and try and keep in time.
- Join a club or a group. The social support you gain can improve your health.