Finding ways to include physical activity in the workday is the most practical way for many adults to become more active.
Most adults spend half their waking hours at work and for a large number of people these hours can be sedentary. Move more, sit less - every bit counts!
- go for a walk during lunch - 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back. It’s that easy!
- take the stairs instead of the lift
- break up sitting time - take regular breaks to stretch and walk around the office
- walk, cycle or use public transport to get to and from work, or get off the bus one or two stops earlier and walk the rest of the way
- walk to work colleagues, rather than using the phone or email
- organise a work sporting team
- investigate corporate rates for gym memberships
- schedule meetings that you can walk to from work
- if you do drive to work, park your car 10 to 15 minutes away and walk
- locate resources to help you get active in your workplace.